Resources from past events range from session recordings, worksheets and other helpful items provided by event facilitators.
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Pedagogy and (perhaps you have) Pizza #2:
“There is work to be done”: Deconstructing Colonization and Racism in the Classroom
Padlet URL: https://padlet.com/cwilsonedd/WLUWork
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Pedagogy and (perhaps you have) Pizza #1:
Creating Classroom Joy in the Time of COVID
Thursday, Apr 23, 2020
Spring Term Course Workshop
Developing Course Goals for Spring 2020 Courses
Structuring Our Spring Term Courses to Maximize Productivity and Decrease Stress
- Go to the ACUE website and scroll down to the section entitled “Organize Your Course“
- Crowdsourced active research in multiple fields: Zooniverse
- Bard’s Center for Experimental Humanities, which contains ideas that can be applied in any field.
- A good site on Problem-Based Learning from the University of Illinois.
Managing Community and Student Interaction Workshop
Making Sure We Survive: Managing the Workload Workshop
- Links for Ungrading:
- Links for grading contracts:
- Responding to student work using audio comments:
- Sydney Bufkin’s really excellent VIA presentation. The entire presentation is very informative, but if you’re looking just for the technical side of things, go to 30:20.
Virtual Instruction Academy
Pedagogy and Purell: Alternatives for Assignments, Activities, and Assessments
Liberal Arts Values in the Virtual Classroom
Putting the Personal in the Virtual
Tuesday, Feb 11, 2020
Teaching Writing in the Sciences: Exploring Alternative Methods for Teaching Lab Report Writing